RARA-AVIS: Richard Wormser

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 04 Apr 2007

I was flipping through the bibliography of Jabari Asim's new book, The N Word, when I saw The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow by Richard Wormser. I wondered if this could possibly be the same Wormser who wrote for Gold Medal. Turns out it is. Along with being an Edgar award winning novelist, he's a very well respected maker of documentaries, the first of which was about Allen Pinkerton. He's also written books to go with some of his films. Has anyone read his biography of Pinkerton? Jim? How is it?

Anyway, here's an interesting, short bio of Wormser for anyone who's interested;

www.pabook.libraries.psu.edu/LitMap/bios/Wormser__Richard.html

Mark