RARA-AVIS: Re: New book of Steve Fisher stories available

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Apr 2007

    Posted by: "hardcasecrime" editor@hardcasecrime.com hardcasecrime:

<<

This is very interesting -- Steve Fisher is one of the authors whose estate I've been trying to track down for years, and I've hit nothing but dead ends (despite doing some fairly intensive detective work). I understand he was survived by a daughter, but every attempt to locate and contact the daughter has ended unsuccessfully. If the people behind "Age of Aces Books" have succeeded in tracking down Fisher's estate somehow, I would be very interested to find out more.

If they did not manage to find Fisher's estate, I wonder how they were able to secure the right to reprint these stories which by default you'd have to assume are not out of copyright.

As I understand it, the publisher's have an agreement with Argosy Communications, which owns the rights to DARE-DEVIL ACES.

- Duane

--------------------------------- Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.