Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: New book of Steve Fisher stories available

From: Monte Herridge ( mherridge@earthlink.net)
Date: 31 Mar 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "hardcasecrime" < editor@hardcasecrime.com> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:08 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: New book of Steve Fisher stories available

> This is very interesting -- Steve Fisher is one of the authors whose
> estate I've been trying to track down for years, and I've hit nothing
> but dead ends (despite doing some fairly intensive detective work).
> I understand he was survived by a daughter, but every attempt to
> locate and contact the daughter has ended unsuccessfully. If the
> people behind "Age of Aces Books" have succeeded in tracking down
> Fisher's estate somehow, I would be very interested to find out more.
>
> If they did not manage to find Fisher's estate, I wonder how they
> were able to secure the right to reprint these stories which by
> default you'd have to assume are not out of copyright.
>
> --Charles

It is possible that they have contacted those people who have the rights to the stories and titles in the Popular Publications group of magazines. Dare-Devil Aces magazine was a Popular title. I believe that may be how Adventure House gains permission with the Popular Pubs. reprints they publish.

Monte Herridge