Re: RARA-AVIS: The Talented Mr. Ripley

From: akarim1462@aol.com
Date: 31 Mar 2007

  In a message dated 31/03/2007 04:30:49 GMT Daylight Time, rictusaporia@yahoo.com writes:

Re lack of empathy: Ripley exhibits thus what psychology might call a "flattening of affect"--&
"missing" is a suspect term, given social treatment of others with his sexual orientation.ot& aren't there a number of scenes in the series where Tom just "loses it" & ends up killing people? (Sorry--It's been a few years since I've read these amazing books--RIP PH)

Yes, and Highmith's creation has influenced many writers, film makers - I would recommned an obscure but award-winning French Film - Henry, He's here to help - see below

_ http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2007/03/highsmiths-legacy.html_
( http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2007/03/highsmiths-legacy.html)
  Ali
_www.therapsheet.blogspot.com_ (http://www.therapsheet.blogspot.com)