Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Best Endings

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 28 Mar 2007

-----Original Message-----

I love this book and I love the ending, but I have to say it always reminded me of a certain iconic movie from the late 60s that I won't mention by name for fear of spoiling it for anyone who has not read the book. It's hard not to think of one without the thinking of the other.

It's almost like ending a book with a cowboy riding an A-bomb out of an airplane. You'd definitely be thinking of Dr. Strangelove when you read that scene.

TL