Re: RARA-AVIS: Leonard's City Primeval

From: Mark D. Nevins ( nevins_mark@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2007

Jon:
> City Primeval is one of Leonard's best.
> I'd suggest Swag, which he wrote in
> between 52 Pick-up and Primeval as
> perhaps his finest, as well as the follow
> up a few years later- Stick.
> Cat Chaser is also outstanding. All written
> when Dutch was in his prime

I'm a newbie here on RARA-AVIS--as well as to the world of hard-boiled fiction generally.

Serendipitously, I just recently read CITY PRIMEVAL. I really liked it--though I didn't think it was good as some of the others of Leonard's "Detroit" novels that I have read, most notably 52 PICK-UP, which I also read recently.

I believe SWAG (not read yet) is a re-title of RYAN'S RULES, and is the first in a two-book series.

Best, Mark Nevins