Re: RARA-AVIS: Vachss's Dead and Gone

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 25 Mar 2007

Vachss hit his peak with Blue Bell, which was the third Burke Novel. Strega and Flood are good too, but the first three novels all have the exact same plot. Dead and Gone was a valiant attempt to breathe new life into an old character, and it was pretty good, but most of the Burke novels just aren't that memorable. The vast majority all seem to run together in my head.