RARA-AVIS: Quick Ken Bruen Questions

From: uplandharmabooks ( uplandharmabooks@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Mar 2007

I finally managed to find a Bruen book (they're not easy to come by around here and I want to give the used bookstores first shot before resorting to ordering online), but it's "The McDead" which is the third in his White Trilogy. My questions are: should I read this trilogy in order? Does each book stand alone well (kind of like Ellroy's L A Quartet) or should I break down and order the first two before reading this one?

I've heard a lot of great things about Bruen, but this will be my first time reading him. Thanks for any advice!

Amy peace