RARA-AVIS: Re: Post Mod. and Has anyone changed noir writing?)

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2007

...and in very strong support of David¹s post, I would say that for a non-academic like me (at least not for the last 27 years) to read comments like those of Jim D., Tim W., or Brandt, is also very dishartening, when one would hope that the level of discourse, criticism and analysis on Rara, would lodge itself beyond the journalistic or merely archival...and some of the posts on this subject (Has anyone changed noir writing?) for the past month were proof that we were on a creative track...on a constructive one...on a learning one...

...but maybe, just maybe D, W and Brandt were just ³taking the piss², as they sat back at the pub, where most of us were last Saturday anyway...???

Steve Novak Le Montois de D鴲oit