Re: RARA-AVIS: Sallis (was: Has anyone changed noir writing (lately)?)

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 21 Mar 2007

At 11:55 AM 21/03/2007, you wrote:

>The R-A archives really are a treasure and I hope I'm not the only one
>who visits them whenever I learn of a new author I might enjoy. When
>looking for nuggets I might use to encourage Kerry to read the Lew
>Griffin series from front to back as soon as possible, I found a notice
>of Miker bringing up postmodernism in relation to the series.
>
>< http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/archives/200402/0044.html> http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/archives/200402/0044.html
>
>My perhaps faulty impression of many books that are described as
>postmodern is that they are distant, cold affairs that can be
>appreciated for their technical achievments, but for little else. That
>could not be further from the truth when it comes to the Lew Griffin
>series.

Thanks for this. I've printed out a bibliography. And my apologies to Miker, for it seems (after reading an earlier black-kettle submission in the archive thread) I have indeed misinterpreted your take on at least this particular postmodernist. I've printed out a bibliography and look forward to digging into the Griffin series to start. Only other thing I can say is, "Man, was that three years ago?" What happens when you're having fun, eh?

Best, Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com