RARA-AVIS: Sallis (was: Has anyone changed noir writing (lately)?)

From: cptpipes2000 ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 21 Mar 2007

The R-A archives really are a treasure and I hope I'm not the only one who visits them whenever I learn of a new author I might enjoy. When looking for nuggets I might use to encourage Kerry to read the Lew Griffin series from front to back as soon as possible, I found a notice of Miker bringing up postmodernism in relation to the series.

http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/archives/200402/0044.html

My perhaps faulty impression of many books that are described as postmodern is that they are distant, cold affairs that can be appreciated for their technical achievments, but for little else. That could not be further from the truth when it comes to the Lew Griffin series.