RE : Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Has anyone changed noir writing (lately)?

From: E. Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 19 Mar 2007

Totally true about Sallis.
  There was even a real "deconstruction" touch in the series, when Sallis presents his central character as an (the) author mixed with the stories told in the series.

  E.Borgers
  POLAR NOIR
  http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir

Stewart Wilson < stewart@stewartwilson.com> a 飲it :
          On 3/19/07, Kerry J. Schooley < gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com> wrote:

> >"We don't like po-mo here, though there's no reason a
> >story cannot be po-mo and noir at the same time, so
> >far as I can tell."

Sallis's Lew Griffin series is noir, employs each po-mo technique that Miker enumerated to great extent, and couldn't be better liked.

--
Stewart Wilson
Toronto, ON