RARA-AVIS: S鲩e Rar

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2007

Some time this week my book DEADFOLK comes out from Gallimard in the S鲩e Noire line, under the title LES ALLONGɓ. I just wanted to mention it here because it's this list (when I used to be active on it a few years ago) that really got me going down this noir route. On rara-avis I found out about a lot of lesser-known greats, and learned such mathematical formulae as "harboiled=tough+colloquial" and "noir=screwed". Also it was listmember John Williams who picked up DEADFOLK in the first place. (Cheers John!) So really, you could say rara-avis really worked out for me. Long may she thrive. It is a "she", right? Where I come from, birds are female.

Cheers,

Charlie Williams

------------ charliewilliams.net