Re: RARA-AVIS: Who changed the noir writing ?

From: al_guthrie65 ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 04 Mar 2007

Brian, I can't cite Bruen as an influence for the books of mine which are already published. I only really discovered his work in June 2004, by which point I'd already written my own.

Since then, I've read all his novels and novellas. The economy of his language and the fact that he can make you laugh and cry within the same sentence -- hard not to be influenced.

Al

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Thornton" <tieresias@...> wrote:

Not sure Al would mention Bruen as a direct influence (they're friends, after all, he might not want to give him the satisfaction).