Re: RARA-AVIS: morality & the unreliable narrator

From: Sandra Ruttan ( sandra.ruttan@spinetinglermag.com)
Date: 24 Feb 2007

It¹s not quite that simple in court ­ you aren¹t stuck with one narrator who can spin things their way.

I just read Alain Mbanckou¹s African Psycho. I had a certain level of sympathy for Gregoire as a victim, but I¹d convict him in a heartbeat. He¹d be one guy I¹d be willing to give extra time to for evil thoughts. I wouldn¹t recommend it to anyone who wants their art to be moral, though. Otherwise, very interesting read. I won¹t say more, as I¹ve yet to write up my review.