RARA-AVIS: Re: Movie Prices

From: vagrantpacific ( pacificvagrant@gmail.com)
Date: 18 Feb 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith <kvnsmith@...> wrote:

> It's just a thought, but with so much competition for screens and the
> increasing rush to DVD, I've noticed several small, indy crime flicks
> coming straight to DVD (or, occasionally, television). Could a major
> revival of the low-budget B-film be on its way? Will we soon lining
> up every Tuesday to pick up the latest indy P.I. or caper flick? Or
> hanging around the mailbox waiting for the NetFlix postman to ring
> twice? Or hovering by our computers, waiting for the download of the
> latest to be complete?

Buddy, I think you're on to something here. I have a new wave noir feature I wrote that's getting released straight to DVD March 13 called The Pleasure Drivers (directed by Andrzej Sekula; Pulp Fiction D.P.!) and I told the producers all along that this is exactly the right format. Combine what's going on in the internet with the current tech state of D.V. production and my friends you are scanning into the glowing screen of the new pulps and I can't wait to see how more genre writers take adantage of this.
-adam