RARA-AVIS: Re: Sports Noir

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Feb 2007

Thanks for all the info on Sports Noir and all the good leads ans reviews...

Curiously nothing on racing cars and motos?

Here are a few references I found in my own library and lists:

Harry Crews ­ The Knock Out Artist Harper & Row 88 (in French Le Roi du KO in the S鲩e Noire) Jean Paul Delphino - Embrouilles au V鬯drome ­ about bad deeds around Olympique de Marseilles soccer club (in French) Pascal Dessaint ­ Du Bruit Sous le Silence ­ excellent study of corruption in the Toulouse rugby world (in French) Thierry Gatinet ­ M鴡stade ­ crime story around the Stade de France and soccer world (in French) Manuel Vasquez Montalban ­ Hors Jeu (Off Side) - published first in Spain under the title ³ the center forward was killed at sundown² Noel Tosi ­ Fast Rewind & Le Cocktail Tib鴡in ­ Soccer among other subjects. Tosi is a coach, presently coaching the national team of Congo. Marc Villar - Ballon Mort ­ very dark around the soccer world...excellent
(in French)

and I guess, as an hommage to Wim Wenders/Peter Handke we should mention The Goalies Anxiety at the Penalty Kick...despite all the controversy surrounding him in recent years...

Montois