RARA-AVIS: Re: Sports Noir

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 17 Feb 2007

At 01:53 PM 15/02/2007 +0000, the Digest wrote:
>1a. Re: Sports Noir
> Posted by: "John Williams" johnwilliams@ntlworld.com faithless_97
> Date: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:16 am ((PST))
>
><snip>
>And Vicki's very wonderful Iguana Love and Sky Blues are both still in
>print here in the UK.

Body, by Harry Crews, concerns the vicious world of female bodybuilding competition. A really dark book. I liked it a lot. I definitely did not feel like running over to the gym and lifting weights afterwards.

A question for Vicki: I know you admire Harry Crews. Would you say that Body in particular inspired Iguana Love in any way?

Karin