RARA-AVIS: Sports Noir

From: Bill Crider ( macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Feb 2007

In response to Todd Mason's comment about how he'd like to get his hands on William Campbell Gault's sports novels that one of them, FAIR PREY, was published under the pen name Will Duke. It's a Graphic Books original. The sport is golf, and it's not noir.

And speaking of golf, James Ellroy's early novel CLANDESTINE might not be a sports novel, but there's some golf in it. I think. It's been a long time since I read that one.

Bill Crider