RARA-AVIS: Re:The UTTERLY TOO Long Goodbye

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Feb 2007

Steve,

Re your comment below:

"...can we move on please....this discussion is becoming utterly as useless and vacuous as Nascar on a rainy day.... a French post-office stike...or a rabbit stew sans red wine..."

In my own defense, this discussion started with Colin's post on 12 Jan. I made one single response on that day. The discussion continued for the next three-plus weeks with no help from me.

I didn't jump in again until somebody suggested that the very idea of Chandler fans even having the temerity to expect a faithful adaptation of a Marlowe novel was an unaceptable position. I think it's a perfectly reasonable position, and everything I've said since then grows out of that position.

JIM DOHERTY

____________________________________________________________________________________ Cheap talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. http://voice.yahoo.com