RARA-AVIS: BIG CITY BAD BLOOD by Sean Chercover

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 11 Feb 2007

Has anyone had this guy cross their radar? I'm thinking particularly of Doherty and the rest of the Chicago-area Rare Birds, because Chercover lives there and writes about the place. Anyway, I just started this book, and boy, does it pack a punch! I'll post a more in-depth review of it here once I've finished it, but so far this book has it all: big city (go figure, it's in the title, although Chercover's preferred original title was "A QUIET PLACE"), grit, corruption, violence, etc.

Just wanted to know whether anyone else had a chance to crack it.

All the Best-

Brian