RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir Panel at LCC

From: ccpjlehane ( con@conlehane.com)
Date: 09 Feb 2007

As one of the noir panelists at LCC, I'm pleased that Brian and Donna, and others, took Tim Wohlforth to task for his disparaging remark about Ken Bruen, and a bit ashamed of myself for not questioning the comment when it was made. First of all, besides being one of the most generous and supportive writers on earth (blurbs from Ken appear on the covers of both Megan's latest book, The Song is You, and my upcoming book, as well as those of many other emerging or struggling crime writers), Ken Bruen makes crime fiction and literary excellence synonymous. He practices our art and craft at the highest level, and all crime writers benefit from his doing so. As for my neglecting to set the record straight at the time, I can only say that I wasn't paying as close attention to the moderator as I should have been and the attack didn't register with me. For that, I apologize to Ken and thank those who didn't let this slip by.

Con Lehane