RARA-AVIS: William Newton a.k.a. Spike Morelli

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2007

 Hello,

    My name is Nathan Cain and this is my first post to this mailing list. I have been trying to find out who pulp author Spike Morelli is and what his reputation is or was. I recently found out Morelli was one of several pen names used by one William Newton. Newton''s last book (or the last one I can find) was published in 1984 and called You Can Go Feet First. He has also published under the names Francis Donaldson, Gilroy Mitcham, Macdonald Newton and Gene Ross. All of his work appears to be out of print. I've never read anything by Newton and I was wondering if anyone on the list knew anything about him or had read any of his work.