Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Goes Hollywood!

From: hardcasecrime ( editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 08 Feb 2007

Thanks, guys. It's a very exciting deal -- now we just have to make some good movies, which as anyone who has ever tried knows is easier said than done. But we definitely feel we're in good hands. All of Papazian, Hirsch and Polster really know and care about the material, and I have to say I love the idea of shooting lean, on relatively small budgets and tight timetables, more or less the way the old noirs were made. Done poorly, of course, that approach can lead to the sort of fare you see on pay cable channels at 2AM, but done well it can make for some great, tough, sinewy cinema. We'll do our best...

--Charles