Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Double Indemnity TV-movie

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 31 Jan 2007

I love noir, films, books, crime stories, westerns, graphic novels, short stories, music...but I would never go as far as calling it a Œphilo¹...as far as I understand (and learned way back in lyc饠over there and college here) philos are quite a bit larger in scope than noir; noir maybe a sub genre/trend/movement...whatever....within a philosophy but I doubt it stands alone as one...and in any case I never saw any literature or criticism along those lines...but maybe my info is outdated???...I welcome your input on those lines...
...and it stems positively from Œa point of view¹...a world view...that¹s for sure.

I don¹t understand though your reference to Harry Potter???...which is part of the Œfantastique¹ or imaginary or the old peplums of yesteryears, or any other definition/attribution you want to give it but I don¹t get the Œnoir¹ reference...Please infrom us...

Thanks in advance,

Montois