Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Movie Marlowe

From: Mary Reagan ( mreagan@gmail.com)
Date: 31 Jan 2007

On 1/29/07, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> wrote:
> I'd be quite happy with him as Marlowe, provided he can do the accent (I
> wasn't thrilled by his accent in Sin City, which seemed to make his
> voice less distinctive). Then again, I can easily hear Marlowe speaking
> in a kind of trans-Atlantic accent, maybe a bit of Cary Grant (as long
> as it's not played for camp). Remember, Grant was Chandler's dream
> Marlowe.
>
> And I'm with Vince in regard to Dick Powell's Murder My Sweet being the
> best adaptation (I do like Long Goodbye, but not as Chandler).
>
> Mark

I heard he didn't have too much time to work on his accent for that movie. I could be mixing it up with one of his other films, but that might explain the less than ideal accent in Sin City.

But I'm with you, I think that he could pull it off in his normal accent.

Mary

--
http://nycphoto.interactivenyc.com