RARA-AVIS: A little on Hammett ...

From: Mark Coggins ( coggins@immortalgame.com)
Date: 27 Jan 2007

The latest entry on my blog has an anecdote about Hammett recounted by the wife of photographer Edward Weston in her book Through Another Lens: My Years with Edward Weston.

Here's the set-up:

"The silliest celebrity sitting during the Santa Monica period came when an acquaintance of Edward's, Marcella Burke, insisted that he should make a portrait of Dashiell Hammett, who, seven years before, had introduced Sam Spade to the world in The Maltese Falcon. Hammett appreciated good photography, said Marcella, and badly needed publicity pictures. The order was sure to be lucrative."

http://riordansdesk.blogspot.com/

--MC

---
www.markcoggins.com