Re: RARA-AVIS: OT:  personal new

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 27 Jan 2007

-----Original Message-----

Mike Connelly and I use that apartment as an office where we work on our film projects. I live in Woodland Hills and he lives in Florida, so Hollywood is about midway between our houses - if you don't count the plane he has to catch to get to LAX.

>some but not all of what I love about Altman's film:
>
>how every piece of music is ambient and yet a refrain of the theme, except
>for the ironic sample at the end
>
>how every single shot is a very slow pan
>
>Sterling Hayden's performance
>
>Jim Bouton's performance
>
>Nina Van Palandt
>
>Schwartzenegger in his underwear
>
>"That's someone I love. You I don't even like."
>
>John Lau

I agree with all of that of course. And Mark Rydell is also a standout. I have seen the "You, I don't even like" scene ripped off about a dozen times since 1973. And I'm sure I've missed a few.