Re: RARA-AVIS: Lolita

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Jan 2007

Thanks for your response, but why don't you consider Lolita inparticular, and nymphette novels in general, noir novels? What other genre do they fall under? It's the same problem that involves many other noir novels: the anti-hero falling under the sway of a female, leading to his downfall. The only real difference is that the female is under 18-years-old, adding another demention to the level of obsession and to the darkness of the story. Cain's Butterfly is essentially this same problem, isn't it? Would you not consider Butterfly a noir novel?

Patrick King

____________________________________________________________________________________ No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started. http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail