RARA-AVIS: The Road

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Jan 2007

Not that anybody here cares about the relative popularity of a book, but ... THE ROAD, by Cormack McCarthy made the NY Times best seller list early on (Top 15,) and then dropped off to near obscurity in the later rounds of counting, languishing in the 20s and 40s for a few weeks. Today's Times has it back at #10.

I have to believe that it is people on this list, among other lists, who have praised it that have helped push it back up top.

A good book, and word of mouth (or word by internet) helps sell a book.

I believe it's a great book that deserves to be read.

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com
*Shadow of the Dahlia* available at MysteryLovesCompany.com