Re: RARA-AVIS: Cockfighting in the News

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 10 Jan 2007

  In a message dated 1/10/2007 9:12:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, matrxtech@yahoo.com writes:

Vicki, I think you would love bullfighting. Far more exciting than cockfighting, partly because there's a guy involved (considerable art, too). Now, I don't know if you'll root for the torero or for the toro, but you will inevitable take sides. It's in the nature of the thing. As to cockfighting, I've never liked the types that gather around such sessions. It strikes me as a villager-type sport turned into something considerably worse than that. And I abhor betting.

Best,

MrT

I don't like betting either--that's partly why my interest is so strange. I have thought about going to bullfights, and would surely root for the toro. However, I've seen enough on TV that I'm not sure I can handle it live. Vicki