Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir with no crime?

From: david david ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Jan 2007

and yet there is the suspicion and possibility of murder in Blow Up and the threat of it in Knife in the Water that in part create the minatory atmosphere. and both films deal with transgression of social morality (fidelity in knife in the water and decadence/promiscuity in Blow Up).

i can't think of any noir stories/films that i've encountered that have no concern with transgression of some kind.