RARA-AVIS: Rara Avis The Short Story

From: Tim Wohlforth ( timwohlforth@opendoor.com)
Date: 05 Jan 2007

I have been off list for some months due to moving from the San Francisco Bay Area to Ashland, Oregon. Now that I am almost unpacked and moved in I am back into my writing full bore and have re-joined the Rara Avis list.

Two items to report:

1) The latest issue of Thuglit (www.thuglit.com) is out and features my story "Rara-Avis." Crip & Henrietta, "a pierced-punk babe with an attitude and a paraplegic private eye" as Neil Smith describes them, search for a stolen issue of Black Mask. This leads them into their own Hammettesque (okay so the word doesn't exist, but it should) adventure. Big Daddy Thug Todd Robinson kindly wrote that "'Rara Avis' is one of the absolute finest pieces we've had the privilege of putting into Thuglit thus far." So check it out. Couldn't think of a more appropriate story for this list.

2) I'll be moderating a panel NOIR IT'S THE NEW BLACK at LCC in Seattle. Saturday, Feb. 3 at 10. AM. I urge those of you going to LCC to come and bring provocative questions. We will be exploring the renewed interest in writing books set in what we can call the classic Noir time period and style. Also under discussion will be what is sometimes referred to as "Post-Tarantino Noir." E.g.: Plots With Guns, the Akashic series, and now Demolition and Thuglit.

I'm happy to be back and look forward to hearing about what you all have been up to and been discussing in my absence.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)