Re: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy's Black Dahlia interview

From: Robert Elkin ( rictusaporia@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Jan 2007

Ellroy is a fascinating spectacle. The one caveat, I think, is the knowledge (due no doubt to this age we live in, with its camera around each corner) that his
"spectacularity" is studied (he seems to have a
"script" of sorts), & is therefore of a different order than that which is spontaneous. If, of course, that distinction is a common one. Best, Rob