RARA-AVIS: Re: Bukowski

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 06 Jan 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 6:24 AM, rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> You took my statement exactly at the opposite of its meaning.

Ooops, sorry. It wasn't that clear to me.

> I underlined "he was a real author", just because of the
> qualities of his writings that are real.

But I still don't know what you mean by "real" writing. Truthful? Realistic? Existent?

> I underlined this because his life could lead to think it was the
> only alibi for a certain appraisal among critics and readers.
>
> Your kind of demo was pure tautology

Tautology? Demo? Gee, could someone tell me if I've just been dissed or not?

But my point still stands. It's what's on the page that counts, not how it got there. Or the intentions -- artistic or otherwise -- of the writer. Glad you apparently agree with me.

Kevin