RARA-AVIS: My mother was married to Goodis

From: Randy Krbechek ( randyk@psnw.com)
Date: 05 Jan 2007

At 1/5/2007, rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>Re: Anyway, Goodis
>

>Posted by: "Larry Withers" <mailto: onairvideo@mac.com?Subject=
>Re%3A%20Anyway%2C%20Goodis> onairvideo@mac.com
><http://profiles.yahoo.com/onairvideo>onairvideo
>

>Thu Jan 4, 2007 3:05 pm (PST)
>

>BTW, my mother was married to Goodis which started my interest in
>him. I am also producing a documentary on his life and writing. His
>work is written third person but the intensity and reality of his
>prose sounds first person.

Larry -

I assume you are sincere in this remark. Tell us more about the marriage. From what I understand, Goodis was a strange bird, certainly more so in his later years.

Bye. Randy Krbechek Fresno, CA

P.S. I too was disappointed in Leigh Brackett, considering how many people hold her in high esteem.