RARA-AVIS: Re: Anyway, Goodis

From: davividavid ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2007

i read _Of Tender Sin_ in November, and one of the things i liked about it was the way Goodis' character's pysche determines how he perceives & inhabits space--alvin darby haunting the freezing philly streets in the middle of the night, seething with jealousy, lust, and rage.

i didn't like the way it ended, though. felt forced.

willeford is the only noir/hardboiled writer i've found whose endings satisfy me. especially honey gal!

which Goodis book, would y'all say, has a second half as satifyingly unsatisfying as the first?