RARA-AVIS: Re: Anyway, Goodis

From: uplandharmabooks ( uplandharmabooks@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jan 2007

I've read several of Goodis' and consider him one of the masters of noir. I think he's one of the bleakest of the bleak. He very rarely has the dark humor of Thompson or Willeford to kind of relieve the pervasive depression, but I enjoy them in a perverse kind of way because he's just so damn good. After reading one of his I have to pick up something lighter like Charles Williams or watch a brain-candy movie. LOL

Amy

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Robison