Re: RARA-AVIS: Anyway, Goodis

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 04 Jan 2007

I've been reading the pulp short stories by Goodis that fill out the Serpent's Tail edition of BLACK FRIDAY. Haven't read the novel yet. Some of the short stories are pretty bleak, but some, surprisingly enough, are almost screwball comedy and some are romantic adventure. Shows that in his pulp days Goodis could write across a broad range of stories. I have a few of his stories from the aviation/air war pulps but have never read them.

James Reasoner