Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Mute Winess to Bullitt

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 31 Dec 2006

Jim wrote:

"Interestingly, Fish dropped the Clancy series after the success of BULLITT . . ."

Can I infer from this that Mute Witness was not the first novel to feature Clancy? Or were the earlier series entries short stories? And were they written as Fish or Pike -- my movie tie-in copy of Bullitt creates on Pike on the cover and title page, but Fish on the copyright page.

Jim, ever give any thought to setting up a police procedural site comparable to Kevin's Thrilling Detective site? I may snipe at some of your semantics, but I definitely look to you as an authority on anything having to do with police procedurals. Of course, you're probably too busy with real police procedures to spend the time setting up a site.

Mark