Re: RARA-AVIS: Female protagonists in hard-boiled fiction and roman noir

From: uplandharmabooks ( uplandharmabooks@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Dec 2006

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. You know, at first I wasn't going to include the PIs, but I may still. I'm not much of a PI story fan (although I love Dennis Lehane's Patrick and Angela series...go figure LOL). I'll try the first Honey West, I've heard good things about it, but I heard the rest of them just get kind of silly. I'll check out No Busines for a Lady.

I really liked Branded Woman by Wade Miller. It wasn't the most fantastic writing, but the story was very good and dark. I'm going to read their Kitten with a Whip next.

Thanks again for your reply and if you have any other suggestions, throw 'em at me!

Amy