RARA-AVIS: The Black Dahlia movie

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Dec 2006

Caught The Black Dahlia movie last night in the hotel room. I am a big fan of the novel and didn't expect the movie to measure up and it didn't, but it was still an enjoyable movie. They were true to Ellroy on the Dahlia's killer, but Lee's death was different. Better, I think. Closer to home. Hilary Swank was superb. I've liked her ever since Boys Don't Cry
(title?).

The Black Dahlia movie was less noir than the book, and I say this because Bucky seems more in control in the movie. In the novel he is more a victim of his passions, more desperate.

miker