Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: S鲩e Noire

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Dec 2006

Mark wrote:

Well, it could be, if we get the story of how he became so numb. In fact, don't a lot of noir protagonists not give a shit about their fates in the final chapter, some actually welcome it, after having been worn down and put through their paces throughout the previous ones?

************ Alright, you got Al on a technicality, but I see his comment that attitude matters as being right on target. If the noir antagonist never gives a damn, it's hard to call it noir. A lot of noir portrays an attempt to steer an outcome with growing desperation with the realization that events are spiraling out of control.

miker