RARA-AVIS: Most Hard-boiled

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Dec 2006

Jim Dougherty--

Good post. I like your idea of "most realistically hardboiled." By that caviat, Spillane comes out of the picture.

But when we dig futher, even when we deal with what seem like "real" cases, isn't all fiction, not just crime fiction, just a fantasy about "what it might be really like?"

Even straight reportage, when the reporter tries to tell it exactly as it is, bears a bit of fantasy, bias, and preconception.

And what was said about History? It's the story of our past as told by the winners?

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com
*Shadow of the Dahlia* available at MysteryLovesCompany.com