RARA-AVIS: Re:The Evolution of Figurative Writing in Hard-Boiled Detective

From: BookBitch ( BookBitch@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Dec 2006

Bill Crider wrote:
>>Enjoyed the paper, Staci. And to think you got class
credit for having fun. Life is good.>>

Hey, it wasn't all fun. I also had to read the early Black Mask magazine, which pretty much sucked, and no offense to all you Spillane fans, I, the Jury. I could have written my paper on misogyny if we'd read more Spillane.

Glad you liked the paper. I have to tell you, I was very nervous about posting it for this group to read. You are all so well versed in the genre and I am a relative newbie. So thanks for all the positive comments!

Stacy

    I am the BookBitch www.bookbitch.com
    Win a free copy of BABY SHARK plus an advance reader copy of BABY SHARK'S BEAUMONT BLUES by Robert Fate, or lots of other great books!