RARA-AVIS: The car thing

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 01 Dec 2006

Richard Moore said of my comments: "You are free to make assumptions, of course, about the guy next to you at the stop light with the expensive car but it is, just that, an assumption."

What I said was: "the kind of car, the use or non-use of a car, and the relativity of the car to any persons environment does help 'Characterize' him or her."

Which is a more than making an "assumption" about the guy in the expensive car next to me. There far more things to know about a character to "help" Characterize" him or her. The use, non-use, type, etc. of the car is just part of it, and may in fiction, as in real life, be contrary to the real character.

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com
*Shadow of the Dahlia* available at MysteryLovesCompany.com

____________________________________________________________________________________ Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index