Re: RARA-AVIS: can noir writers advocate social reform?

From: al_guthrie65 ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 28 Nov 2006

I find it weird that someone would choose to spend hundreds of thousands of words creating fictional worlds and populating them with imaginary characters who are part of complex plots, just to turn a single uncomplicated political point (that can be summed up in a sentence and understood by most schoolkids) into something so complex that, apparently, it's not noticed by a high percentage of intelligent people who read those books. But, then, I don't drive...

Al