Re: RARA-AVIS: can noir writers advocate social reform?

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 25 Nov 2006

Not at all the way I would characterize Hell of a Woman. The book is a fascinating study of a psychologically broken person. Frank "Dolly" Dillon is a character who is going to find a way to make the worse of any situation he ends up in. It's more of a struggle for self destruction--at least at the psychic level, than anything else. A hardluck guy if there ever was one. Sorry, your description for this one is more than a stretch..

--Dave Z.