Re: RARA-AVIS: can noir writers advocate social reform?

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 25 Nov 2006

Killer Inside Me did have some pro union sentiment in it, and Swell- Looking Babe took a healthy swipe at the communist witch hunts going on, but I think it's kind a stretch to tie Hell of a Woman to any political agenda. Also, Patrick mentioned the Grifters not the Getaway, but at this point I'd have to reread The Grifters to state an opinion, although after previous readings I was never left with impression that it had any political agenda.

--Dave Z.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Robison