RARA-AVIS: Stephen King's THE COLORADO KID - A solution to the mystery

From: thebradstevens ( bradstevens22@hotmail.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2006

Just finished reading Stephen King's THE COLORADO KID, and was wondering if there had been any discussion of possible solutions to the book's central enigma on Rara Avis. It seems to me that the explanation is fairly simple. I'd pretty much worked it out two- thirds of the way in, and was actually quite surprised that King didn't bother to spell it out - especially since a significant hint as to where the solution might be found was offered on the back cover!